This policy will go into effect on May 25, 2018.
This policy notifies you of;
- what personal information is being collected,
- how it is collected,
- how it is used,
- the purposes and the legal basis of our processing,
- with whom it is shared,
- erasure of your information when you unsubscribe or ask to be forgotten,
- your rights on your information,
- how to practise your rights and address your concerns over misuse of your information,
- data security measures we have taken.
1. What is Silo.AI newsletter?
We share locally produced expert content on Artificial Intelligence and related topics with you, and we invite you to the Artificial Intelligence related events hosted by us through our newsletter. This newsletter is primarily a tool for our Business to Business (B2B) marketing purposes.
2. Information collection
2.1. What information do we collect?
2.2. Ways we collect your information and the legal basis of processing
2.2.1. When you subscribe to our newsletter:
We collect the information that you voluntarily give us via signing up for our newsletter.
What is the legal basis?
The legal basis is your consent in this case. You have the right to withdraw consent by unsubscribing to our newsletter.
2.2.2. Information we collect from our customers:
We process the contact information of our customers. We also process those information to send our customers newsletters to share content produced by Silo.AI and affiliates, and inviting them to the events hosted by us.
What is the legal basis?
We have our legitimate interest to be the legal basis of our processing. Newsletters are part of our business communications with our customers.
Under this basis you have the right to object to processing at any time. Please refer to Section 6.2 for further information on your rights on your information.
3. How do we use your information?
4. Do we share your information with any third parties?
We only share your information with customer relationship management (CRM) and marketing software providers which are the following:
HubSpot (HubSpot, Inc.) – This is the service enables us to collect the information when you write down your email to subscribe to our newsletter.
MailChimp (The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a MailChimp) – This is the marketing automation tool we use to strategise and optimise our email marketing activities.
All these service providers listed above just process the data on our behalf, so they have the role to be data processor of your data.
5. Data security
We have put in place systems to safeguard the information you provide us. We always use encrypted connections and everyone in our company has encrypted their computer’s hard drive in case of any burglary.
We will never provide access to our databases to any third party, except to the extent necessary to conduct the operations of the newsletter explained in Section 4. We will not sell or rent any of your information to anyone.
In our organisation, we restrict access to all personal information and have a defined access management process. Only our Marketing, Support and Sales Teams and our Data Protection Officer has access to your information.
6. Access and control your information
6.1. How to unsubscribe from the newsletter?
You may unsubscribe of any future contacts from us at any time. You can opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe button at the end of the email when you receive our newsletter or any email from us, or by sending an email to our Marketing Coordinator, Kimberly Oguilve, firstname.lastname@example.org with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in email subject.
6.2. Your rights on your information
As the owner of your own personal information, you have the following rights regarding the processing we do:
- You have the right to see what data we have about you, if any.
- You have the right to receive the data we have about you and to transmit it to another service provider.
- You have the right to change/correct any data we have about you.
- You have the right to opt-out from any future contacts.
- You have the right to be forgotten, meaning that you can ask complete erasure of your data.
- You have the right to express any concern you have about our use of your data.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your data.
Please contact our Data Protection Officer to practise your rights. The contact information could be found on “Contact us”, Section 9.
7. Erasure of your information
7.1. When you unsubscribe
When you unsubscribe from the newsletter we move your information to the unsubscribed contacts list immediately.
7.2. When you ask to be forgotten
When you ask to be forgotten meaning that you ask the complete erasure of your information, we will erase the information without undue delay, including all backups, local and physical copies.
9. Contact us
Silo.AI Oy is located at Lapinlahdenkatu 16 Maria 01, 4th. Floor, Helsinki 00180, Finland. The contact email is email@example.com and the phone number is +358 40 770 0010 which belongs to our Chief Commercial Officer, Ville Hulkko.